You did it! The hardest part is over! Actually making the appointment to have your hearing tested is sometimes the biggest hurdle to finding out where you stand. For one thing, you may be wondering what to expect at your hearing exam. I have had my hearing tested many times by my mom over the years, but I hadn’t had a recent test until last year. I was nervous! As she played tones at different pitches and volumes, I strained to hear and probably pushed the button a few times because I “thought” I heard it. Luckily, there are many tricks that your practitioner will use to make sure they get accurate results so all you need to do is show up, relax, and do the best you can 🙂
First, you should bring a significant other, friend or family member to your appointment. This is because, depending on how the exam goes, it may be useful to do some testing with a familiar voice. Also, it can be very beneficial for someone else to hear the explanation of results with you. Most often, friends or family have been encouraging you to have your hearing tested and they want to participate with you and be supportive.
1) We need to get to know each other a little bit! You will be asked to identify the reason for your visit and to share any pertinent health history.
2) Your ear canal will be examined using a video camera (which you will be able to see on a TV screen) to ensure that a build-up of wax is not an issue and to see that the canal and eardrum look normal.
3) A hearing exam will be performed in a sound booth. It is a very open design so don’t worry about feeling closed in! This is where you may be asked to push a button if you hear a sound, or to repeat words played through headphones or speakers.
4) If necessary, a few more diagnostic tests will be run to pinpoint your specific areas of trouble and to aid in the proper recommendation for treatment.
5) I will explain your results and make recommendations based on your specific needs. Together, we will discuss your lifestyle, listening goals and determine if hearing aids, other assistive devices or therapies could be beneficial to you. These days hearing aids come in all shapes and sizes and can be quite sleek and discrete so be candid about any concerns you may have.
6) If hearing aids are recommended, you can expect a customized approach to fit your needs. It is important to have a 30 day money back guarantee and financing options to make sure that you are satisfied.
Levine Hearing tests include:
Air & Bone Conduction Thresholds, Speech Reception Thresholds, Most Comfortable Listening Levels, Uncomfortable Listening Levels, Pure Tone Averages, Free-field Speech Discrimination, Tinnitus Evaluations, QuickSIN, APHAB, Real Ear Measurements and other specialized tests as needed.
Call today to schedule your free screening appointment by calling 704-540-3081.
Hi! I’m Madison. I’m a Hearing Instrument Specialist (like my mother). I’m observing, learning, absorbing and sharing as I become a part of this beautiful South Charlotte Hearing community. I want to know you! So please leave me comments if my posts are meaningful to you or teach you something new, and feel free to tweet me at @LevineHearing!
Across from the Arboretum
3121 Springbank Lane Ste G
Charlotte, NC 28226
DISCLAIMER OF LEVINE HEARING
Levine Hearing expressly disclaims all warranties and responsibilities of any kind, whether express or implied, for the accuracy or reliability of the content of any information contained in this Web Site, and for the suitability, results, effectiveness or fitness for any particular purpose of the services, procedures, advice or treatments referred to herein, such content and suitability, etc., being the sole responsibility of parties other than Madison Levine, BC-HIS and the reliance upon or use of same by you is at your own independent discretion and risk. Contact us for complete details.
We are Open for Regular Business
Our office is operating at full capacity to help our patients get and keep their oral health in great shape. Click on the link below to see what’s new and our updated protocols to keep you healthy and safe. COVID 19 Policy Details