What to Expect at Your Hearing Exam
When going for a hearing exam, first, you should bring a significant other, friend or family member to your appointment. This is because, depending on how the exam goes, it may be useful to do some testing with a familiar voice. Also, it can be very beneficial for someone else to hear the explanation of results with you. Most often, friends or family have been encouraging you to have your hearing tested and they want to participate with you and be supportive.
1) We need to get to know each other a little bit! You will be asked to identify the reason for your visit and to share any pertinent health history.
2) Your ear canal will be examined using a video camera (which you will be able to see on a TV screen) to ensure that a build-up of wax is not an issue and to see that the canal and eardrum look normal.
3) A hearing exam will be performed in a sound booth. It is a very open design so don’t worry about feeling closed in! This is where you may be asked to push a button if you hear a sound, or to repeat words played through headphones or speakers.
4) If necessary, a few more diagnostic tests will be run to pinpoint your specific areas of trouble and to aid in the proper recommendation for treatment.
5) I will explain your results and make recommendations based on your specific needs. Together, we will discuss your lifestyle, listening goals and determine if hearing aids, other assistive devices or therapies could be beneficial to you. These days hearing aids come in all shapes and sizes and can be quite sleek and discrete so be candid about any concerns you may have.
6) If hearing aids are recommended, you can expect a customized approach to fit your needs. It is important to have a 30 day money back guarantee and financing options to make sure that you are satisfied.
Levine Hearing tests include:
Air & Bone Conduction Thresholds, Speech Reception Thresholds, Most Comfortable Listening Levels, Uncomfortable Listening Levels, Pure Tone Averages, Free-field Speech Discrimination, Tinnitus Evaluations, QuickSIN, APHAB, Real Ear Measurements and other specialized tests as needed.
Call today to schedule your free screening appointment by calling 704-540-3081.
Hi! I’m Madison. I’m a Hearing Instrument Specialist (like my mother). I’m observing, learning, absorbing and sharing as I become a part of this beautiful South Charlotte Hearing community. I want to know you! So please leave me comments if my posts are meaningful to you or teach you something new, and feel free to tweet me at @LevineHearing!
Across from the Arboretum
3135 Springbank Lane Ste 100,
Charlotte, NC 28226