Mild Hearing Loss is Not Like Mild Salsa
The word “mild” can take on a meaning of its own when thinking about “mild temperatures” or “mild salsa”. But when it comes to a mild hearing loss there is nothing mild about it. A hearing loss is a partial or total inability to hear.
Mild Hearing Loss
We often hear of people accepting a mild hearing loss as if it’s normal and age appropriate. Some feel that there isn’t an urgency in addressing their hearing loss. People often forget the many reasons they came in for a hearing test when a “mild” diagnosis is made. In reality, even a mild loss can lead to cognitive decline, isolation from loved ones, loss of income due to poor job performance and many other negative side effects of untreated hearing loss.
The great news is that now is the time for better hearing. Our ears are always “on” whether we hear the sounds of everyday life or not, why would we want to delay better hearing when there is so much to enjoy?
Hearing aid technology has advanced so much that hearing aids are doing even more than clearing up conversations. They are connecting people to people.
Hearing aids are:
- Smart; Always accessing the environment, suppressing noise and learning your environment through artificial intelligence.
- Rechargeable; No more batteries to change.
- Able to connect to a smartphone to allow patients to make changes in an app and stream phone calls and music to their ears.
- Even able to translate foreign languages via the aids and phone app.
- Your personal fitness tracker, counting steps, and overall movement.
- Track the hours of daily use, social engagement and track active listening measuring to aid in aural rehabilitation.
Levine Hearing has more than 150 five star reviews online because we are your personal hearing technology experts. A hearing aid is only as good as the settings that are programmed into it, so come in for a free hearing evaluation and hearing aid demonstration to see what you have been missing.